Some Most Effective Pest Prevention Tips for this Summer
Nowadays temperature rises and pest activity increase as well. Most of the pests love warm temperature, that’s why they come outside during the summer season. Ants, ticks, flies and mosquitoes are some common pests of summer. To keep your living environment and house pest free, you need to adopt some pest prevention tips.
Your backyard is a great place to find these pests easily. Did you know a thick layer of mulch is a great source for many pests like mice, cockroach and ants to build their house? They can easily get entry into your house from your backyard. Don’t allow them to ruin your favorite summer season. Pest Exterminators Cambridge helps you to enjoy this season by providing some effective pest control tips.
Let’s have a look on some common summer pests and their prevention method.
Ants: Ants are the most common problem. You can find them easily in your basement, kitchen, garage, backyard and other areas of your house. This pest finds numerous ways to get in your house. Even that a small hole is enough for it to enter your home.
- Keep your kitchen clean, because mostly ants attracted by food items. Make sure you cover all the food containers.
- Keep dustbin and trash can away from the home.
- If you have trees near to your house, trim extra branches and bushes.
- Seal all the cracks.
Mosquitoes: Standing water is the greatest source for mosquitoes to breed. Female mosquitoes lay their eggs in standing water. This pest transmits various diseases including yellow fever, malaria, Zika virus, dengue fever, Chikungunya and others.
- Don’t collects the water around your house. If so, dump it.
- Keep your gutter unclogged.
- Keep your swimming pool clean and chlorinated.
- Wear light color instead of dark, when you go outside.
House flies: House flies are the most common pest around the houses. These pests are active during the warm season of the year. Did you know a female house fly lay fifty to hundred eggs at a time?
- Keep your windows and door close.
- Clean extra food items from dining table.
- Clean sink and drain area on regular basis.
Fleas: Fleas are small pests and they live by feeding on the blood of your pets like your furry friend cats and dogs. In very rare case, fleas likes human blood. Mostly, they likes nonhuman blood.
- Grooming your pet on a regular basis.
- Use vacuum cleaner to remove them and their eggs.
- Wash your pet’s bedding.
- Use a flea comb to remove fleas from your pet’s fur.
Keep your family and yourself protected from these pests. You can enjoy your summer without these pests. You don’t need to take them with you everywhere. Just follow these given steps and get rid of these blood sucking pests. For more information or pest control services, you can talk with us.